#INwx #OHwx Mon detailed weather forecast. Warm/rain now. Cold/snow next week? M.
Synopsis: Widespread moderate to heavy rainfall today. Heaviest rain will fall across central and southern IN. A cold front passes Wednesday afternoon and temperatures will fall. Mostly cloudy from Thursday-Saturday. We are watching a system coming up late weekend that right now is mostly a rain event for the Ohio valley for the most part I don’t disagree but those in northern IND I would keep an eye on it for now. Another system arrives middle of next week..this is one I would watch for seasons first widespread accumulation of snow. Details below in todays forecast.
Radar loop as of 6:50AM. Widespread rain likely most of the day today with a break or 2 in the cards.
Forecast radar loop next 18hrs.
Total rainfall over the next 18hrs.
Next system of interest comes Sunday.
System to follow that COULD be seasons first accumulating snow. Pattern is not incredibly cold but looks to deliver snow chances no doubt. Check back often.
26 of the 51 European ensemble members show 5″+ of snow in the central Ohio valley over the next 15 days. Its a signal is all and one to watch for now. I do like what I see for December when we compare it to the last 7 Decembers overall as they have been largely uneventful winter wise and warm too.
Temps from normal last 10 Decembers.
This December looks to start colder and stormy.
Confidence and Risks:
- High confidence in widespread heavy rain today esp over IND lighter amounts for OH.
- High confidence in cloudy skies w/cooler temps to end the week.
- Average confidence W/Sunday system but precip risks are uncertain pending track of low/cold supply.
- Risk for snow grows mid next week but confidence is below average in the outcome at this time.
- Average to below average confidence in cold becoming sustained from the 13th of Dec & beyond.
Video forecast. 7 mins today.