Zone 2 Key Points
- A cold front continues moving in from the north this morning. Rain and some storms will develop across zone 2 later this morning into the early afternoon along/ahead of the front. Rain and storms look to develop around 11 am to 12 pm initially across southern Michigan and northern Indiana. These will progress south/southeast through the afternoon and evening.
- The cold front will move across the forecast area this afternoon. Current timing would move it through southern Michigan around 2-3 pm. The front will progress across the zone this evening. Moving through the Lafayette to Kokomo, IN area and points east around 6-7 PM this evening.
- Afternoon/evening storms will be hit and miss. So while there will be plenty of places that get no rain this evening, other places could experience some heavy downpours. The places that do get in on rain will likely see another .20-.40”. However, some places locally could see another 1-2” of rainfall this afternoon/evening.
- Behind the front, an area of high pressure will build into the forecast area for the remainder of the week and into the weekend. This will allow temperatures to remain in the 70’s through Saturday afternoon, with dew points falling into the mid 50’s to around 60°!
Thu. High Temperatures
Fri. Dew Points
Confidence and risks
- Confidence is moderate to high regarding afternoon/evening storm coverage and timing.
- While some gusty storms are possible this afternoon and into the evening, dynamics are pretty weak with this cold front. With that in mind, a severe weather threat is not anticipated.
- Confidence in rainfall totals is moderate to high this afternoon and into the evening. However, the exact placement of the heavier totals is low due to the scattered nature of the storms.
- Confidence in the cool down Thursday through Saturday is very high.